BLU RIPPLES PERSONAL COUNSELLING SERVICES
Provides you with the opportunity to talk about life’s bumps and ripples in a safe, caring and supportive environment in order to help you explore and release your thoughts, feelings and emotions and thus in turn process, heal and evolve from your experiences.
OUR PERSONAL COUNSELLING APPROACH – PHILOSOPHY
Our approach is a unique blend of person-centred, traditional and holistic (philosophical) perspectives; with a key focus on the belief that we are all unique and as such there is no one size fits all approach to therapy; and that sometimes just the act of been fully present and listening without judgement is the greatest gift we can give when someone is in a vulnerable or distressed place.
Thus, our approach is tailored to your uniqueness; that is, our first priority is to establish an authentic and positive relationship with you – let’s face it if you do not feel a positive connection then the professional relationship is unlikely to work as you need to feel safe in order to open up and be vulnerable.
Our second priority is to establish your goals and discover who you are in terms of your self-perceptions, beliefs, values, morals and motivators in order to identify and engage meaningful therapeutic technique(s) for you to help you explore and process life’s ripples.
HOW CAN PERSONAL COUNSELLING HELP ME?
Counselling can help you through life’s ripples by talking about and exploring life’s challenges, be it personal or career; to explore both the cause and effect of incidents and events in order to promote healing, acceptance, positive and meaningful change.
How we consciously or subconsciously process and respond to life’s incidents or events affects our decision-making capabilities, sense of self, the way we communicate and interact with the world around us; and thus, has a direct impact on our employment and subsequently our career both in the short and long term.
For some clients, identifying the event or incident that is impacting their life is easy as it is in the forefront of their mind or they are consciously aware of a trigger(s); for others the process is a little more challenging as it maybe a result of the accumulation of incidents, events or trauma over a longer period of time or perhaps the individual is not consciously aware of or actively discounts the trigger and associated impact.
Regardless of your individual circumstances, counselling can help you process life’s ripples through talking through your thoughts, feelings and emotions with an objective neutral professional and thereby empowering you to move forward in a positive and meaningful manner for you.
WHAT LIFE EXPERIENCES HAVE YOU HELPED PEOPLE THROUGH?
The depth and breathe of life’s experiences we have helped clients through is as rich and diverse as life itself. A few examples of life experiences or events that our counselling services have helped people through would include (but not be limited to):-
- Becoming a parent
- Caring for aging parents or loved ones
- Communication and interpersonal difficulties with a partner, colleague or loved one
- Death of a colleague or loved one
- Diagnosis and/or management of chronic or terminal condition in self or loved one
- Domestic, family or workplace violence – abuse
- Emigration, settlement and assimilation into a new culture
- Grief, Loss and Trauma
- Lack of self-confidence or worth
- Negative self talk
- Pre-existing medical or mental health condition(s)
- Relationship difficulties
- Separation and Divorce
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
Or perhaps someone is feeling one or more strong emotions; for example:-
- Burnt out
- Stressed Out
- Trapped or Stuck
And seeks to understand why they are experiencing these strong emotions in order to leave them in the past and move confidently forward in their life; or maybe they have concerns about why they are feeling numb and can’t feel anything at all at the moment – and all they know is that this is not their normal self and just need someone to talk to that is not a friend, partner, parent or loved one in order to gain a different perspective.
WHO HAS PREVIOUSLY ENGAGED YOUR PERSONAL COUNSELLING SERVICES?
Blu Ripples has previously provided personal counselling services to: –
- Existing or previous career counselling clients whom are seeking to work on personal challenges
- Clients whom have been referred by a previous client, loved one or colleague
- Children (as young as 4 years of age), teenagers and youth
- Individuals, couples, families, empty-nesters
- Workplaces including small, medium, not for profit and multinational organisations
- EAP service providers
since 2009, both on and off site in accordance with our clients’ individual needs.
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Our Founder and nationally registered Counsellor, Katherine Foster; who has authentically helped clients’ through life’s ripples since 2009.
Katherine is a Member of the Australian Counselling Association whom will draw on her diverse experiences, qualifications, accreditations and certifications in: –
- Counselling (Major Abuse, Career, Grief & Loss and Workplace
- Psychometrics and Personality Profiling including MBTI
- Working With Children
- Trauma and Eye Movement Integration Therapy
- Recognise and Respond Appropriately to Domestic and Family Violence
- DV Alert
- Applied Suicide Intervention
For further information on Katherine please click on her Profile; alternative to view a selection of personal counselling testimonials from previous clients please click here.