Katherine Foster is a nationally registered Career Development Specialist and Counsellor
- High school students, teenagers, youth,
- Trades professionals
- Medical and allied health professionals
- Defence personnel, their partners and ex-Defence personnel
- Supervisors, mid and executive management
in private practice since 2003.
Coupled with her inspiring, down to earth and empathetic persona, her voluntary services on industry committees and at career expos, plus her unique combination of expertise in
- Career Education and Development
- Counselling (Career, Workplace, Personal, Abuse, Grief and Loss)
- Human Resource Management including Recruitment and Selection
- Business; and
- Psychometric Profiling including Personality, Aptitude and Career Interest Testing
has seen Katherine Foster (t/as Blu Ripples) develop a notable reputation.
Like you, Katherine, has confronted and transitioned through many of life’s ripples, including career transition, which fuels her passion and drives her professionally to help you and others through similar periods of change. In fact, Katherine draws on these experiences to help others; to conceptualise, research, develop and implement innovative career products, services and programs such as her Australian First, Career Counselling for DV Survivors Program.
Higher Tertiary Educators have praised Katherine’s academic abilities, her ability to apply practical experience into theoretical and innovative concepts; her research, analysis and reporting skills whilst maintaining a humble persona. In fact, Katherine was in the top 15% of her Post Graduate Diploma Studies at RMIT and was nominated and awarded an international honour society membership for academic achievement in Career Education and Development.
Mentors and clients often describe Katherine as an inspiring, down to earth and empathetic helper whom actively seeks to provide a safe and supportive environment for her clients.
Professional associations have graciously thanked Katherine for her time and contributions to their association and committees including the Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA) where Katherine volunteered her time from 2015 -2017 in the capacity of CDAA (NSW) Committee Member.
Success for Katherine is not determined on the volume of clients she helps but on the quality of help and the associated outcomes achieved by her clients over the course of their career. That is, Katherine is focused on empowering her clients to achieve their career goals and to be the best version of themselves that they can be even if they do not recognise this capability or belief in themselves when they first meet with Katherine.
Katherine, is an innovative, dedicated, practical and detailed orientated professional committed to continual professional development, the evolution of her practice, skills, knowledge and experiences to provide the best possible outcomes for her clients based on their individual needs.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS, ACCREDITATIONS & CLEARANCES
- Post Graduate Diploma in Career Education and Development
- Diploma of Professional Counselling (Majors Career, Workplace, Grief and Loss, Abuse)
- Diploma Business (Human Resources) with Distinction
- Certificate IV Small Business Management
- Certificate IV Human Resource Management
- Professional Member of Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA)
- Member of Australian Counselling Association (ACA)
- Member of Australian Association for Psychological Type Inc. (AusAPT)
- Member of Australian Career Services (ACS)
- Committee Member; CDAA NSW Division – Nov 15 – 17 July 2017
- Graduate Member of Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors (AIPC)
Accreditations – Certifications
- Mental Health First Aider Accreditation
- St John’s Provide First Aid Certificate inc CPR and Basic Emergency Life Support
- Applied Suicide Intervention Training (ASIT), Certification
- Trauma and Eye Movement (Including EMDR) Integration Therapy
- Recognise and Respond Appropriately to Domestic and Family Violence, SOA
- DV-Alert (Domestic Violence Response Training), Lifeline; Certification
- DISC (IML) Accreditation
- Specialist Accreditation “S” – Psychometric Profiling
- Myer Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) – Accredited Practitioner
- Recruitment and Selection
- Safe Work Method Statements and Job Safety Analysis, Certification
- Working with Children, Certification, Clearance Type – Paid and Unpaid Work (Valid to 12/1/2020)
- National Criminal Check (issued 11 July 2017)
Katherine is also affiliated with numerous online professional groups including (but not limited to) AHRI, Thriving Tribes, MBTI Professionals, MBTI Assessment and Talented Women.