LABOUR MARKET ANALYSIS
Assisting you to understand and apply labour market data to your career exploration and job search process
Blu Ripples Labour Market Analysis Services helps individuals understand and apply the fundamentals of the Australian Labour Market in the career exploration and/or job search process in order to effectively: –
- Develop a solid employment baseline from which career decisions and action steps can be created
- Identify, capture and compare employment opportunities based on facts and geographical data
- Promote your unique selling point to employers and/or recruiters; and
- Confidently negotiate remuneration (pay) structures, terms and conditions of employment
HOW CAN BLU RIPPLES LABOUR MARKET ANALYSIS SERVICES HELP ME?
Blu Ripples Labour Market Analysis Services will help you establish realistic employment baselines, action plans and goals, based on current available employment data, as well as providing you with guidance in a number of ways including helping you determine if you are: –
- Positioned in the right geographical location to maximise your employment opportunities
- Overselling or underselling yourself in terms of remuneration (pay), skills, qualifications and experiences
- Seeking employment in a sector that is in national demand, growth or decline
- Ideally placed to move upwards or sideways in your career based on your circumstances and labour trends
- Best to stay in your current position, invest in your education or seek new career pathways
Can you give me a practical example of how labour market analysis can help me determine my career pathway?
Ok, let us assume that you are considering a career in Graphic Design and want to find out some facts about the job and industry for example how much you are likely to get paid, which Australian state(s) employ the highest percentage of Graphic Designers; is Graphic Design a growth occupation or is it in decline and what does this mean about your opportunities to enter or grow within the industry; is the occupation on the national skills shortage list and if so what does this mean for your career prospects?
By understanding the above employment facts you can begin to ask your self questions such as:-
- Am I adequately positioned to capture these opportunities?
- Do I want to relocate to another state or region to capture employment opportunities?
- Does the starting salary meet my expectations or life-style needs?
- Who are my competitors – how do I compare and contrast to them?
- Will persuing tertiary study provide me with a return on investment?
and thus enabling you to build a realistic picture from which you can either create a career development plan to achieve your long term goals; or having systematically worked through the labour market statistics perhaps look at career alternatives.
Ultimatley the decision is yours wether you wish to persue a particular career pathway however having relevant and meaningful labour market information to assist in your decision making process is always a positive first step.
AVAILABILITY AND RELIABILITY OF LABOUR MARKET INFORMATION
Labour market information is obtained from a variety of government and private sector sources freely available online; as such labour market information is frequently updated throughout the year by third party sources and relayed to clients in real time as required.