Career Development Specialist, Counsellor and Founder
Nationally Accredited Career Development Specialist, Counsellor, HR Consultant, MBTI and DISC Insights Practitioner
Blu Ripples is not your ordinary practice that specialises in one particular theory or technique – we take a multidisciplinary approach to Counselling, Consulting and Development.
We recognise that you are a unique individual with a diverse range of life experiences, coping strategies and perceptions and while one counselling, consulting or development approach may work for you, it does not mean it will work for another person. Therefore it is important for me as your practitioner, to understand who you are and your life experiences in order to establish a baseline and generate ideas and plans, explore life’s ripples and implement meaningful strategies to help you attain your goals.
As you may recognise throughout the course of this website, I am a down to earth and empathetic person who, like you, has confronted and transitioned through many of life’s ripples. This fuels my passion and drives me professionally to help you and others through similar periods.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS, ACCREDITATIONS & CLEARANCES
- Post Graduate Diploma in Career Education and Development
- Diploma of Professional Counselling (Majors Career, Workplace, Grief and Loss, Abuse)
- Diploma Business (Human Resources) with Distinction
- Certificate IV Small Business Management
- Certificate IV Human Resource Management
- Professional Member of Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA)
- Member of Australian Counselling Association (ACA)
- Member of Australian Career Services (ACS)
- Committee Member; CDAA NSW Division – Nov 15 – 17 July 2017
- Graduate Member of Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors (AIPC)
Accreditations – Certifications
- Trauma and Eye Movement (Including EMDR) Integration Therapy
- DISC (IML) Accreditation
- Mental Health First Aid Accreditation – Standard Mental Health First Aider
- Specialist Accreditation “S” – Psychometric Profiling
- Myer Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) – Accredited Practitioner
- Recognise and Respond Appropriately to Domestic and Family Violence, SOA
- Safe Work Method Statements and Job Safety Analysis, Certification
- DV-alert (Domestic Violence Response Training), Lifeline; Certification
- St John’s Provide First Aid (formerly Senior First Aid) Certificate
- Applied Suicide Intervention Training (ASIT), Certification
- Working with Children, Certification, Clearance Type – Paid and Unpaid Work (Valid to 12/1/2020)
- National Criminal Check (issued 11 July 2017)
Katherine is also affiliated with numerous online professional groups including (but not limited to) AHRI, Thriving Tribes, MBTI Professionals, MBTI Assessment and Talented Women.
Medibank Private Counselling Service Provider (see FAQ)
Additional qualifications and continual professional development available upon request.